We have one position open!
Status: 20 hours/week; Compensation Based on Experience
Reports To: Executive Director
Refugee & Immigrant Self-Empowerment, Inc. (RISE), formerly known as the Somali Bantu Community Association (SBCA), was founded by refugees in 2004 to ease the transition of members of the resettled immigrant communities living in Onondaga County. With the influx of the refugees that comes to the Syracuse, RISE remains committed to assisting the diverse refugee and immigrant communities in Onondaga County. Our programs are targeted at promoting self-sufficiency through employment, education, and economic empowerment.
Position Summary: The part-time bookkeeper is responsible for managing all of RISE’s internal accounts and financial reporting including; monthly income & expenses, internal and external reporting, organizing audits, reconciliations, Federal and local grant budget management and payroll.
Responsibilities: Duties of the Bookkeeper include, but are not limited to:
• Fully responsible for monitoring, recording, and reconciling monthly expenses and income using QuickBooks and internal systems.
• Responsible for completing bi-weekly payroll.
• Develop and maintain RISE internal department budgets based on diversified funding structure.
• Accounts Receivable/ Accounts Payable
• Prepare journal entries, interdepartmental orders, expense reimbursements, deposits, purchase requisitions, etc.
• Financial Statement preparation
• Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
• Enter key data of financial transactions in database
• Reconcile invoices and identify discrepancies
• Journal Entries/ Accrual Spreadsheets
• 940, 941, NYS-45
• Uploading and maintain employer contributions spreadsheets
• Process reimbursement forms
• Check spreadsheets for accuracy
• Maintain digital and physical financial records
• Other duties required by the executive Director
Requirements: Prerequisites of the Part-time Bookkeeper include:
1) A Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business- CPA, or master’s degree preferred
2) Proficiency in QuickBooks and Excel
3) Intermediate proficiency in Google Apps
4) 1+ years’ experience in grants management and non-profit accounting
5) Proficiency in written and verbal communication; strong communication and collaborative ability
6) Ability to document, organize, navigate, and communicate data using administrative systems
7) Strong ethical and professional conduct; strong passion for human services preferred
8) Excellent prioritization and time management skills; proactive bias towards action
9) Able to work independently
If you’re interested in the position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “LAST NAME- Academic Instructor.”
If you are interested in applying for a Syracuse RISE position, please fill out the application form below.